Data & Information

Stack of Compact DiscsThe Council has a legal obligation to make certain information available to the public. Please browse the following links to find out what information we hold and  how you can access it.

The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you access to your own personal information held by the Council.

The Environmental Information Regulations 2004 gives you access to environmental information about the air, water, soil or land and factors affecting them, such as noise, energy, radiation or waste held by the Council.

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives you access to other information, which is held by the Council.

The Council already proactively makes information available to the public through it’s Publication Scheme. Before making a request, please visit our Publication Scheme pages to see whether the information you require is already available on our website.

Making a Request

How you make a request depends on what information you require and which piece of legislation applies.

When making a request for information please include the following details:

Re-Using Information held by the Council

Most of the information released by the Council will be subject to copyright protection.

You are free to use any information supplied for your own use, including for non-commercial research purposes. The information may also be used for the purposes of news reporting. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information, using it for commercial purposes or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the Council.

Do It Online

Get in Touch

(0115) 901 3901

Civic Centre
Arnot Hill Park

Full Details & Directions

Back to Top