House in Papplewick


Housing is a vital part of our vision to make Gedling the best place to live and work. We work with partners to make sure everyone can access the housing they need, to improve housing quality, increase supply and regenerate neighbourhoods.

Gedling Housing & Localities Service

Although we transferred our council housing stock to Gedling Homes in 2008, that doesn't mean that "we don't do housing any more". We are heavily involved in helping to improve the quality of housing, minimise homelessness and help to guide the provision of the homes that local people need.

Housing is one of the council's priorities, and a vital factor in our local economy. As a local housing authority, we work with a range of partners to assess local housing needs and plan to meet them, facilitate new supply, especially affordable homes, and make sure we're making the best use of our existing homes.

Our objectives under our Homes priority are:

In 2014, we published our Housing Delivery Plan [4,869kb], which gives more information about how we are meeting those priorities. You can also find out more about the work we do in housing by browsing the menu on the left.

Back to Top