When are you re-opening?
Our centre have now re-opened. Only the pool at Calverton remains closed as the changing rooms are undergoing renovation.
How can I be sure the leisure centres are safe for me to use?
We have been working on our re-opening plan for many weeks now and are confident we have put in place all the requirements set out by the Government, UK Active, CIMSPA, National Governing Bodies, Swim England, Right Directions, PWTAG and Public Health England.
- reduced the number of people accessing the facilities at any one time by making all activities bookable in advance
- redesigned the customer journey at sites to ensure people can adhere to social distancing guidelines during their activities and also when moving around the site
- provided cleaning stations available for customers to use, which includes wipes and hand sanitiser
- implemented new cleaning regimes and ensured staff have been trained on the new procedures
- serviced and cleaned our equipment e.g. air con, gym equipment
To make the leisure centres safe for everyone we also require our customers to:
- Follow signs and instructions by the leisure teams
- Respect other customers by maintaining social distancing rules
- Clean equipment before and after use
- Not travel to site if they or a member of their household/social bubble are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19
What will the experience at the site be like once you re-open?
It will be a different experience compared to what you were used to before Covid-19. The changes we have introduced in order to keep everyone safe are outlined below and featured in our video you can view here.
You will see more members of staff cleaning the centre more regularly then before. There are signs up and floor markings around the site to encourage customers to socially distance themselves from other users and follow designated route around the sites. You also won’t be able to just turn up for the gym or pool as you’ll need to book and pay for these in advance via our website.
Despite these changes our staff will be as committed and friendly as they always are. We have taken this opportunity to improve our group exercise classes, and whilst these will generally have fewer people in them and may be in different rooms, they will still give you the workout you expect from us.
I have additional needs when taking part in exercise. Am I able to bring someone along to support me when I train?
Yes, this is absolutely fine. Our Carers Go Free policy will still be in place, so you can bring someone along with you. Please make sure however the person supporting you is from your household or social bubble. When you arrive at site please make sure you inform reception that you have a carer supporting you. The carer does not need to have their space booked in advance and can simply turn up with you.
The accessible facilities will be fully open and available for use.
Will I be able to use all of the facilities when I come?
At this time we are restricting which facilities our customers will be able to use. This decision has been made to reduce the areas people can come into contact with each other where social distancing is difficult to maintain.
The following areas/activities are not currently available, however we will be working hard behind the scenes to open these areas up as quickly as possible:
- changing rooms/lockers are for swimmers only - please arrive dressed ready to work out in the gym or a class
- water fountains
- health suite (Carlton Forum)
- Squash courts
- 3G pitch (Redhill and Calverton)
- Children’s parties
- Specialist classes (e.g. health classes)
Facilities that are currently open:
- Accessible changing rooms
- Group exercise classes (including group cycle)
- Swimming pools
- Badminton courts
How do I book my session at the leisure centre
You will need to have a valid Gedling Leisure Card to make a booking. If you don’t currently have a card then you can apply online for free at here. We will then contact you to let you know your Gedling Leisure Card number, which you will then need to use when making future bookings.
Can I still use my free DNA pass?
Yes of course, we love to see new people at the site. Please ring the centre before you come so we can set you up with a leisure card, or you can complete the form online by clicking here. We will then contact you to arrange when you’d like to come down, and book you in for that session. When you arrive for your free session you will be able to collect your leisure card at reception and staff will be able to direct you to your activity.
What happens to my DNA membership when the leisure centres re-open?
We have created a FAQ page dedicated to questions regarding your DNA membership and it's payments, you can find this by clicking here.