Building Control Applications

Our combined application form provides 3 ways of making an application, these are:

Application Advice

Section 1 - Applicants details

You should enter details for correspondence to be sent to you and contact telephone numbers where you can be reached during office hours.  If you are using an Architect, designer or builder to make the submission on your behalf then their details should be added as Agent and all correspondence will be sent directly to them.  Agents will usually complete the application on your behalf.

Section 4  - Proposed Work

The description of the work should explain what proposed, e.g. single storey rear extension.  Partner applications are projects where an agent uses a particular local authority to deposit all of their applications.  A LANTAC Approval is an approval gained through LABC for a specific construction – usually a new house type, that can be built nationally without the need to check its specification other than for foundations, drains and site specific issues.

Section 5 - Use of Building

Is the existing building residential use, office, commercial a public building etc and will it still be that usage after the work has been done.  In most instances if the use is anything other than residential then the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 will apply.  This means that you will be unable to submit a Building Notice Application as it will be necessary to consult with the Fire & Rescue Service.

Remember to sign and date the form for the type of application you are making.

If you require any further advice or assistance completing the application form please contact the Building Control Section.

For full details of charges that may be applicable, please see the Building Control Charges guidance sheets

Useful Gedling Pages

Get in Touch

(0115) 901 3740

Civic Centre
Arnot Hill Park

Full Details & Directions

Back to Top