High Hedges

 The following criteria must be satisfied before we can consider a complaint:

Prior to making a complaint?

In order for us to consider a complaint, it must be proven that all reasonable steps have been taken to resolve the problem, such as records of conversations between yourself and the hedge owner, letters sent etc. Complaining to the Council should be a last resort.

Although you may have already made contact with your neighbour, you should make further contact explaining that you are considering complaining to the Council about their hedge using the high hedges legislation.

We cannot negotiate or mediate between you and your neighbour. We will not deal with any complaints that are considered frivolous or those that have not demonstrated that they have made every effort to resolve the situation first.

For more information about the complaints process, how the Council will deal with your complaint and details about notices and the appeals, you can download the following documents:

Get in Touch

(0115) 901 3971

Civic Centre
Arnot Hill Park

Full Details & Directions

Back to Top