Have your say on plans to abolish Gedling Borough Council and replace it with a ‘super council’. Take part in our consultation

Disrepair and unsafe conditions

If you're renting your home and have a reasonable complaint about the condition of your home or a repair that needs doing you should put this in writing to your landlord as soon as possible.

If your landlord doesn't get back to you with an adequate response within 14 days or replies with a no fault section 21 eviction notice you should contact us.

We'll come and inspect your home to decide what work needs carrying out. We ways encourage landlords to carry out repairs without the use of official action. However, if this does not happen there are a range of things we can do including improvement notices and notices of emergency remedial action.