Guidance on re-opening businesses
Guidance for all businesses
- Employers and business guidance - Public Health England's coronavirus-related health advice for workplaces.
- Government Plan to Rebuild - The Government's coronavirus (Covid-19) recovery strategy.
- Guidance for employers and businesses on coronavirus - Government advice on social distancing in the workplace.
- Test and Trace:
- Businesses urged to prepare for NHS Covid-19 app - pubs, restaurants, hairdressers, cinemas and other venues must have NHS QR code posters visible on entry, so customers can use their smartphones to easily check-in via the NHS Covid-19 app.
- Maintaining records for Test and Trace - guidance on collecting details of staff, customers and visitor to premises to support the NHS Test and Trace programme.
- NHS Test and Trace - Guidance on NHS Test and Trace service in the workplace.
- Re-opening businesses and venues in England - Government guidance
- Transport and travel guidance - for people using or working in the transport sector during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Working safely during coronavirus - Government guidance on how to re-open and work safely during the cornoavirus pandemic. Includes separate guides for a range of different types of business.
Guidance for specific industries
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health: Food and Takeaway Guidance for businesses operating a food delivery or takeaway service.
- Dealing with Covid-19 in HMOs - the Government's guidance for landlords and tenants.
- Food Standards Agency - guidance on operating a food business safely during COVID-19
- Pavement cafe licences - to place tables, chairs or other temporary furniture on the pavement you need a pavement cafe licence.
- Legionella Control - Legionella risks in empty and low use commercial premises
- Mind and Body Online – how to re-open a fitness business.
- Mind and Body Online – how to re-open salons, spas and wellness businesses.
- Nottinghamshire Best Bar None - support tool to assist licensed premises to assess their reopening processes.
- Outdoor sport facility providers - Government guidance for providers of outdoor sport facilities on the phased return of outdoor sport
- Personal trainers - Government guidance for personal trainers and coaches on the phased return of sport
- UK Active - a framework on re-opening gym, lesiure centre and the wider fitness industry with social distancing restrictions
- UK Hospitality - FAQs
Additional support for retailers
- British Retail Consortium Coronavirus Hub - information, links and guidance for retailers and promotes the needs and issues of the industry.
- Union of Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers - advice and support to its members to ensure they are protected at work.
- Association of Town and City Management - links and expertise from those working in town and city centres.
- Association of Convenience Stores - links to guidance and checklists for smaller shops and schemes of interest to local shops.
- Gedling Borough Council's Economic Growth Team can be contacted on EcDev@gedling.gov.uk - can provide general advice and put you in touch with partners that may be able to help you.