Support for residents
Useful links to find support:
- Extremely vulnerable people - register for support via the gov.uk website.
- Food shopping and deliveries - information to help with shopping for food or arranging deliveries.
- Free School Meals - information on meals, travel costs, uniforms and other support for families with children eligible for free school meals is available at Nottinghamshire County Council's website.
- Giving for Gedling - a range of support for Gedling residents from the Giving for Gedling scheme of volunteers and other organisations.
- Gedling Leisure - the leisure centres offer a range of activities and support to improve your fitness
- Healthy Start (for eligible pregnant women and families with children under the age of 4).
- Help with rent payments - if you're unemployed or on a low income and need help with a deposit or your rent.
- Safe shopping guidance - a guide to shopping safely during the pandemic.
- Scam awareness - advice to help you stay aware of scams relating to COVID-19. The National Trading Standards Scams Team have advice about how to protect yourself from scams. Scams can be reported online or by calling 0808 223 1133.
- Guidance for passengers and licensed drivers travelling on public transport including in taxis and private hire vehicle
- Universal Credit - a payment to help with living costs in on a low income, out of work or unable to work.
- Vaccination programme - information on the Covid-19 vaccination programme, local centres and the booking process.