Support for residents
Useful links to find support during the coronavirus pandemic.
Test and Trace Support Paymets - If you have been told by the NHS to self-isolate, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus COVID-19, you may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period. Go to our Test and Trace Support Payments webpage to find out more.
- Council Tax - different ways you can pay, Council Tax Reduction Scheme.
- Extremely vulnerable people - register for support via the gov.uk website. Updated guidance for the clinically extremely vulnerable, in line with the new national restrictions is available at the Government's website.
- Food shopping and deliveries - information to help with shopping for food or arranging deliveries.
- Free School Meals - information on food vouchers and other support for families with children eligible for free school meals.
- Giving for Gedling - a range of support for Gedling residents from the Giving for Gedling scheme of volunteers and other organisations.
- Gedling Leisure - the leisure centres offer a range of activities and support to improve your fitness
- Healthy Start (for eligible pregnant women and families with children under the age of 4).
- Help with rent payments - if you're unemployed or on a low income and need help with a deposit or your rent.
- NHS Volunteer Responders (for anyone self-isolating and in need of support).
- Outdoor sport - Government guidance on the phased return of outdoor sport and recreation.
- Protection for renters - measures to protect renters and landlords affected by coronavirus.
- Safe shopping guidance - a guide to shopping safely during the pandemic.
- Scam awareness - advice to help you stay aware of scams relating to COVID-19. The National Trading Standards Scams Team have advice about how to protect yourself from scams. Scams can be reported online or by calling 0808 223 1133.
- Guidance for passengers and licensed drivers travelling on public transport including in taxis and private hire vehicle
- Universal Credit - a payment to help with living costs in on a low income, out of work or unable to work.
- Vaccination programme - information on the Covid-19 vaccination programme, local centres and the booking process.
- Warm Homes Hub COVID-19 Support includes benefits checks, energy comparisons and tariff switching, support with faulty heating, food and prescription collections, food and fuel vouchers.