Health Commitment Statement for staffed facilities
Relating to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Coronavirus is highly contagious (it spreads easily). Your health and the health of other gym users is your responsibility.
Our commitment to you
- We will put in place the government guidelines published online at www.gov.uk. These guidelines are aimed at reducing the risk of spreading coronavirus.
- We will carry out a risk assessment and make changes to manage social distancing and provide effective infection control.
- We will provide you with information about these changes, including any rules that we ask you to follow.
Your commitment to us and other gym users
- Do not enter the gym if you or anyone in your household has coronavirus symptoms.
- By entering the gym you accept that even though we have put in place the government guidelines, you are still at risk of getting coronavirus. Make yourself aware of the government guidelines published online at www.gov.uk about protecting yourself and others from coronavirus, and follow them.
- Make yourself aware of the changes we have made and any rules we ask you to follow, and follow them.
Relating to exercise
Our commitment to you
- We will try to motivate you to improve your fitness. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that instructors are qualified to the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity standards.
- We will regularly review the content of our classes to make sure we are meeting appropriate fitness-industry standards.
- If you tell us you have a disability that puts you at a substantial disadvantage in terms of accessing our classes, we will consider which reasonable adjustments, if any, we can make.
Your commitment to us
- However motivated you may be, do not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition that might interfere with you exercising safely, you should get advice from a relevant medical professional before you access our classes, and follow that advice.
- It is important that you exercise in a safe environment. If you are using any equipment, make yourself aware of any rules and instructions, including warning notices, and follow them. Check the equipment before you use it.
- Exercise carries its own risks. When you are exercising, you are responsible for the risks involved. Do not carry out any activities if you have been told they are not suitable for you. If you feel ill when following one of our classes, stop and call the emergency services on 999 if necessary.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to cater for people with disabilities. Follow the instructions provided to allow you to exercise safely