Information About Test and Trace Support Payments

If you have been told by the NHS to self-isolate, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus COVID-19, you may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period.

For parents and guardians who have not been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace but need to take time off work to care for a child or young person who have been told to self-isolate from 8 March 2021.

Please note from the 16 August 2021, fully vaccinated adults and children under 18 years and 6 months will no longer be required to isolate if they are identified as a contact of a positive case, and therefore will not be eligible for a Test and Trace Support Payment. 

However, anyone fully vaccinated with a positive Covid-19 test, will remain eligible.

From 28 September 2020, people who live in the Gedling Borough Council who have received notification from NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate, may be entitled to a Test and Trace Support Payment of £500. Visit our application page.

Apply for Test and Trace Support Payment 〉

This payment is designed to support people on low incomes, if they will lose income as a result of self-isolating, and to encourage them to get tested if they have symptoms. This is important to help stop the transmission of COVID-19 and avoid further economic and societal restrictions. The scheme will last until 31 March 2022.

Discretionary Scheme

The Discretionary scheme has been review and the changes are effective from 22nd June 2021. A discretionary £500 lump sum payment may be available to an individual who meets the main qualifying criteria for the Test and Trace Support Payment (they are a low-income worker who is unable to work because they are self-isolating) and is not in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits, and:

  •  have savings of less than £5,000, and
    •    are on a low income (average gross weekly pay of less than £500.00 but more than £96.35), and
    •    will face financial hardship as a result of not being able to work while they are self-isolating.

Read further information about the Discretionary Self Isolation Polcy.


Data Sharing

Gedling Borough Council will use your data for the processing of your Test and Trace Support Payment application.

In completing the application form, you are providing consent for us to access your coronavirus testing and contract tracing information via Public Health England and your benefits and earnings data via the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or your employer. This is to carry out the required checks.

We may check the information you provide, or the information about you which somebody else provides, with other details we hold.

If the law allows us, we may also receive information from other people or organisations or give information to them to check the accuracy of records, to prevent or detect crime, or to protect public funds in other ways.

All information is processed in accordance with the Council’s Self Isolation Privacy Notice

We never sell your data to third parties or use it for marketing purposes without your consent.