Apply for housing benefit/council tax reduction

You could get Housing Benefit to pay for all or part of your rent if you're unemployed or on a low income. Use our benefit calculator to work out how much you might be able to claim.

Find out more about housing benefit  

Apply for benefit 〉

If you need help to pay your council tax you can apply through our council tax reduction scheme using the same form. This is also known as the council tax reduction scheme.

Apply 〉

For further advice on how to claim housing benefit:
Email us

Call us on 0115 9013970

Visit us at the Civic Centre
Arnot Hill Park