Offering housing for Syrian refugees
In Autumn 2015, the Government announced that the UK will resettle 20,000 vulnerable Syrian refugees by 2020. The Government's Syrian Vulnerable Persons Relocation (VPR) Scheme provides funding to cover costs of resettlement, which includes the costs of private rented accommodation at Local Housing Allowance Rates.We're working with local landlords to help meet their housing needs.
We're looking for
- Self-contained properties with 2-4 bedrooms
- Ideally available for between 1 and 5 years (ideally for at least 2 years). Properties will be let on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy for at least 12 months.
- Let at Local Housing Allowance rent levels. A guide to current rates is available at: http://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/Search.aspx
- In a good state of repair. Support is not available for repair works to bring properties up to a reasonable standard. In Nottingham City, properties should meet the requirements of the Nottingham Standard for Landlord Accreditation http://nottinghamcity.gov.uk/NottinghamStandard
- Furnished or unfurnished (provision of basic furniture and carpets can be made available where required).
There is a preference for properties that do not have card meters for gas and electricity. However, if you property does have a card meter please let us know and this can be discussed further.
For Syrian refugees, the Home Office only allows accommodation that has its own front door. This is important to protect vulnerable people and ensures that refugees can have independence when they arrive.
If you have accommodation currently available or available over the next few months which meets the above criteria, please click on the link below to fill out the form.