Find out what help is available with the cost of living on our Support in Gedling page

Disabled facilities grant

The grant helps with the cost of adapting a home for the needs of a disabled person.

Am I eligible?

The grant is awarded based on financial circumstances. We work with with Nottinghamshire County Council’s Social Services Department to decide what work is necessary and appropriate to suit individual needs.

Who makes the decision?

Assessments are made by a Nottingham County Council Occupational Therapist before our Private Sector Housing team administers the grant finance.

How to apply?

To apply for this scheme, please contact Nottinghamshire County Council’s Occupational Therapy Department on 0300 500 8080.

Extra funding

In some circumstances we’re able to offer disabled residents further discretionary grants subject to available funding. For more information please see our Private Sector Housing Grants and Assistance Policy

More information