Healthier options takeaway
The HOT schemes aims to encourage takeaways to offer healthier options and let customers know where they can get healthier foods.
If your food businesses has a hygiene rating of 3 or more you can apply to join the HOT scheme for free.
Why should you join?
Most food businesses already offer healthy options, the HOT scheme aims to make sure customers know about it. As well as promoting the healthy options you currently offer HOT can also advise on small changes that can make a big difference for example
- Cutting down on the amount of salt and sugar in a dish
- Letting fried food drain of oil
- Rearranging how drinks are displayed in your fridge making the healthy ones more prominent
The scheme is great for customers but it’s also great for business.
- It increases customer choice, satisfaction and sales
- Enhances business reputation
- You’ll get promotional material to display
- You’ll get promoted online though council’s websites and social media
You can find out more about the scheme on Nottingham County Council’s website.