Final Decision Statement
The Papplewick Neighbourhood Plan was officially made (adopted) by Gedling Borough Council on 6 September 2018. As such the Papplewick Neighbourhood Plan now forms part of the Development Plan for Gedling Borough. In accordance with Regulations 19 and 20 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 the following documents are made available:
- Final decision Statement
- The Papplewick Neighbourhood Plan 2017 – 2028 & Policies Map Page 69 (Made Plan)
- The Plan Area (to which the Papplewick Neighbourhood Plan relates)
Paper copies of the above documents are available for inspection at the following locations during normal opening hours:-
- Papplewick & Linby Village Hall, Linby Lane, Papplewick, NG15 8FB.
- Gedling Borough Council, Civic Centre, Arnot Hill Park, Arnold, Nottingham, NG5 6LU.
The Papplewick Neighbourhood Plan was approved by referendum on 5th July 2018. The declaration of result can be viewed here.
Following the independent examination of the Papplewick Neighbourhood Plan and the receipt of the Examiner's Report, Gedling Borough Council decided on 6th June 2018 that it agrees with the Examiner's recommended modifications and that the amended Papplewick Neighbourhood Plan should proceed to referendum. The Decision Statement can be viewed here and is also available for inspection at:
- Civic Centre, Arnot Hill Park, Arnold, Nottingham, NG5 6LU.
- Papplewick & Linby Village Hall, Linby Lane, Papplewick, NG15 8FB
The independent examiner released his report on the Papplewick Neighbourhood Plan 2017-2028 on 2nd May 2018. The report recommends a series of modifications and minor corrections to the neighbourhood plan. The examiner's report can be viewed here.
In accordance with government regulations, Gedling Borough Council must now issue its 'decision statement' on the examiner's report within five weeks. The Papplewick Neighbourhood Plan will then advance to the Referendum stage.
The comments received on the Submission Plan which were considered by the independent examiner are available to view here.
Independent examination of the Papplewick Neighbourhood Development Plan
The comments received through the consultation along with the Submission Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents will be passed to an independent Examiner, Christopher Collison BA (Hons) MBA MRTPI MIED MCMI IHBC. The Examiner will consider the representations, whether the plan meets the basic conditions and other relevant legal requirements, and will determine if the plan should be put to a community referendum. The Examiner may request further information to help in his consideration and may conduct the examination through written representations only, or he may call a public hearing to examine a particular issue in more depth.
The Examiner has to decide whether or not the plan meets the "basic conditions" and make a report that either:
- the plan is submitted to referendum,
- modifications specified in the report are made and the plan as modified is submitted to referendum, or
- the plan is rejected
14th March 2018: The Examiner has issued his initial statement, which can be viewed here.
24th April 2018: The Examiner issued his second letter which can be viewed here.
Consultation on Submission Plan (Regulation 16 Stage)
Gedling Borough Council is required to consult on the Submission Plan for a six week period after which comments received will be forwarded to an independent Examiner for their consideration. This consultation took place between 19 February 2018 and 6 April 2018.
The formal consultation notice (Regulation 16 Notification) can be viewed here.
Submission of plan proposal (Regulation 15 Stage)
Papplewick Parish Council submitted the Papplewick Neighbourhood Plan proposal to Gedling Borough Council on 18 January 2018. The submission plan and supporting documents that are available for inspection are:
- Papplewick Neighbourhood Plan 2017-2028 Submission Plan (January 2018)
- Papplewick Designated Area Plan (January 2018)
- Papplewick Consultation Statement (January 2018)
- Papplewick Basic Conditions Statement (January 2018)
- Papplewick SEA and HRA Screening (January 2018)
- Papplewick Local Green Spaces (January 2018)
- Papplewick Landscape Character Appraisal Evidence Base (January 2018)
- Papplewick Issues Scoping and Evidence Base (February 2017)
- Papplewick Submission Letter
Consultation on Draft Plan (Regulation 14 Stage)
Papplewick Parish Council held a consultation on the Pre-Submission Draft Papplewick Neighbourhood Plan between 2 October 2017 and 13 November 2017. Comments received have been considered by the Parish Council and the Plan has been amended accordingly.
Application to designate a neighbourhood area
Gedling Borough Council designated the Parish of Papplewick as a neighbourhood area on 11 August 2016. As part of their original proposal, the Parish Council proposed to include an unparished area within Ashfield District, but there was no legal mechanism to designate this area. The designated Papplewick Neighbourhood Plan area can be viewed here.