Building regulations applications

There are several types of Building Regulation applications available depending on the type of work being carried out. If you require any advice on the best application type for your project you can contact

Full Plans Building Regulation Application

A full plans application can be used for all types of building work and is normally the best choice for work that includes;

  • Loft conversions
  • Major structural alterations
  • New buildings
  • Large extensions
  • All non-domestic projects

This application requires plans, specifications, and where necessary structural calculations. The details are checked to make sure they comply with the building regulations. Once the application is checked and found to be satisfactory it will be approved. A Full plans application approval is valid for 3 years from date of deposit.

Submit your full plans application here.

Building Notice Application

A Building Notice application is only available for domestic work and should only be used for work which is not complex, by people experienced in construction and where you may not wish to employ an Agent/Architect. A Building Notice application must be submitted at least 48 hours prior to work commencing and under this option no detailed plans are required. The Building Notice application is valid for 3 years from date of acknowledgement.

Submit your building notice application here.

Regularisation Application

A Regularisation Application allows the Council to consider work which has been carried out and completed, without the submission of plans or giving notice at the time of the works. This type of application can only be submitted for works that were started on or after the 11th November 1985.

Submit your regularisation application here.

Reversion Application

A Reversion Application is used where an Initial Notice from a Corporate Approved Inspector has ceased to be in force and the application is to revert back to the Local Authority.

Further information can be found here.

Demolition Application

For the demolition of a building which exceeds 50 cubic metres.

Further information can be found here.

Street Naming and Numbering Application

To register a new address or make an amendment to an existing address.

Further information can be found here.