Please ensure that your bin is out by 6am on your scheduled collection date.
Do not report a missed bin if:
- The bin is not out by 6am on your scheduled collection day.
- Your bin contains incorrect materials or is too heavy. They must be removed before we can pick up.
- It's before 3pm on the day of collection, it may be that we haven't got to your property yet.
Or you can call us on 0115 901 3621
- Missed collections must be reported to the council within Three working days. Each missed collection report will be investigated, and where appropriate we will aim to return within seven working days. The missed collection procedure will only be actioned if the bin / box had been correctly presented and was not contaminated.
- All bins must be presented with the lid closed – partly open lids can get caught in the collection vehicle’s machinery and cause a hazard.
- Bins should be presented with handles facing out towards the road and easily seen
Bin reminder alerts
Sign up to receive an email the day before your bin is due to be collected so you'll never miss another collection. Just enter your address and follow the instructions to sign up to this free service.