Breck Hill Park
A beautiful, Green Flag Award winning park set in the leafy suburbs of Woodthorpe, Notingham.
The park has a recently refurbished play area, a pavilion and football pitches and a community Orchard. The views from the Woodthorpe Drive entrance are particularly attractive.
The park is popular with dog walkers, footballers and families using the playground. It is also popular during the winter after snowfall as the steep bank is a wonderful natural landscape feature which is perfect for sledging.
The park also has a "Friends of Breck Hill Park" group. Find out more about the group by visiting their Facebook page.
Getting to the park
The park is located just off Woodthorpe Drive and Breck Hill Road, Woodthorpe. The postcode is NG5 4GY.
From Nottingham Cirty Centre by car
- From North of Nottingham City Centre, Mansfield Road/A60
- turn right to Woodborough Road/B684
- turn left into Woodthorpe Drive directly after the Co-op garage park on Maitland Road
- For sat navs use NG5 4GY
From Nottingham City Centre by by
- The best bus route to Mapperley is the 45, picked up from Queen St Q1 bus stop in Nottingham City Centre.
- Alight at the Robinson Road stop and cross Woodborough Road and turn left onto Woodthorpe Drive and it’s a short walk to the park.
Alternatively, the No 25 is from the King Street K3 bus stop, and can be alighted at either Maitland Rd, Breck Hill Top or Coronation Road stops. Cross Breck Hill Road and enter the park from the Breck Hill gate.
Unfortunately there is no public car parking, however there is plenty of on-street parking adjacent to the entrances off Breck Hill Road and Woodthorpe Drive.
A full copy of our management plan is available by viewing the Green Flag Management Plan and is deliberately designed as a working tool to assist staff, contractors, stakeholders and the park’s ’Friends group to articulate and share their vision, understand their roles and responsibilities and plan for the future of Breck Hill Park.