Cost of living support
Support in Gedling is a local directory which highlights and signposts to agencies, groups and charities, across the borough, ranging from things such as cost of living support, foodbanks and links to community hubs.
Cost of Living support options
Community Hubs offer a range of support services within the local community. From lunch clubs and arts and craft classes to stay and play sessions and job clubs. Your local community hub is a welcoming space for people of all ages to come together, stay safe and active, and feel included.
- Netherfield St George’s Centre
- Calverton Core Centre
- Carlton Hub – Main Street Methodist Church
- The Ark Gedling
- The Newstead Centre
- Bestwood Miners Welfare
Warm spaces are initiatives set up to create places within the local community where people can come together, socialise, stay warm and in some cases have hot refreshments during the winter months. Find out about warm spaces across Gedling Borough.
Find out about the support available to help you access affordable food and schemes to help save money on your energy bills.
- Netherfield FOOD club
- Killisick FOOD club
- Newstead Food Pantry - Contact 01623 720 140
Whether you are vulnerable or struggling with money there’s help and support for you.
- Government cost of living support
- Kings Money Advice Centre
- Step Change
- Universal Credit
- Attendance Allowance
- Carers Allowance
- Personal Independence Payments
- Pension Credits
- Citizens advice
- Accessing benefits and other government support - Nottinghamshire County Council
- Money - Notts Help Yourself
- Financial and legal advice - Notts Help Yourself
Children and Families
We offer a range of support through our Council Tax Reduction Scheme