Baby and Toddler
Baby and Toddler Swimming Lessons
We are currently offering pre-swim school lessons at Arnold Leisure Centre, including parent and baby, parent and toddler and pre-swim school (ages 3+) with new changes in place to follow safety guidelines. Find out more about the pre-swim school sessions here.
Carlton Forum Leisure Centre has parent and toddler pool sessions
These are still instructor led, but are fun, games sessions, not lessons. The perfect introduction to swimming pools for your baby. These pay as you go sessions are Wednesdays and Fridays at 12pm. Call Carlton Forum on 0115 987 2333 to find out more and book a session for you and your little one.
Baby and toddler swimming lessons
Water safety is a key element of our baby and toddler swimming lessons. Led by our qualified swimming instructors, our swimming lessons provide an opportunity for you and your baby to progress through our structured swimming lesson programme, developing their water confidence and swimming skills.
Baby swimming lessons provide quality time for you to bond with your baby whilst introducing them to the water. As they progress to the toddler swimming lessons your child will learn the fundementals of swimming through fun activities and games, providing them with basic water skills to help keep them safe in and around water.
"Alfie’s confidence has improved so much. He wouldn't get in the pool when we first started lessons but now he jumps in without hesitation. The swimming instructor has helped with his confidence and made swimming fun!"
Parent and Baby
- Introduces your baby to the water and helps strengthen muscles
- Develops your baby’s water confidence and safety in a fun and engaging environment
- Provides quality bonding time for you and your baby
Parent and Toddler
- Your toddler will develop their strength and confidence in the water
- Develops your toddlers water confidence by kicking, splashing and blowing bubbles
- Your toddler will start to attempt to swim with only the use of swimming aids
Babies can start swimming lessons at any age, however, it is advised that mums do not accompany their baby until they have had their 6 week postnatal check.
The baby and toddler swimming lessons follow a programme that develops your child’s water skills up to age 4, however, children on the baby and toddler swimming lessons may progress to the Swim Stars programme before they are 4 if you and our swimming instructor agree that they have made sufficient progress.
The best way to pay for your swimming lessons is by direct debit. Direct debit payments for our baby and toddler swimming lessons are charged at £23.75 a month for a weekly 25 minute lesson. Your child will also get FREE unlimited access to public swim sessions when you pay by direct debit.
Try a pre-swim school lesson for free!
Choose between Parent and Baby, Parent and Toddler and Pre-Swim School swimming lessons. It's a great chance to try out our lessons and help your child to become more confident in the water and begin learning vital swimming skills.
For more information or to book a place, please call or visit your chosen leisure centre. T&Cs apply*
Terms and conditions for the free pre-swim school lesson.
- Entitles user to one free 30 minute swimming lesson on either our Parent and Baby, Parent and Toddler or Pre-Swim School Lessons.
- Can only be used once in a 1 year period.
- Will be required to pre book, please inform us which lessons you are looking at joining and we will advise on availability.