Our new Swimming Passport scheme has been launched to help people be more active and enjoy swimming.
A Swimming Passport enables Gedling residents under 16 years and aged 65 and over, to swim for free at dedicated sessions each week at our Arnold, Calverton and Carlton Forum leisure centres.
Swimming is a vitally important life skill to learn and has many benefits for your physical and mental health.
Swimming Passport sessions
Under 16s - Sunday 8 - 9am
Over 65s - Friday 3 - 4pm
Under 16s - Wednesday 5.15 - 6.15pm
Over 65s - Sunday 12 - 12.45pm
Under 16s - Saturday 8 - 8.45am
Over 65s - Friday 12 - 1pm
How to book
To book onto these sessions for free, you’ll need a valid Gedling Leisure card.
People not in these age groups can also join these sessions, however they will need to pay to swim, unless they are a DNA member, as this is included in membership.
Learn more about this Swimming Passport scheme on the Gedling Borough Council latest news article.
Terms and conditions
- Must be a Gedling resident and provide a proof of address.
- Only applicable to people aged under 16, and aged 65 and over.
- Must have a valid Gedling Leisure Card.
- Sessions can be booked in advance and places in the session will be based on a first come, first served basis.
- Session times and dates are subject to change.
- Gedling Leisure hold the right to withdraw a Swimming Passport at any point.
- Participants must follow pool rules and guidelines.